Winter is a great time of year to get things done around the house. Whether you’re remodeling or just reorganizing, here are some clever ways that every day soap (both liquid and bar) can help you achieve some tasks in your home.
- Remove wallpaper glue by mixing soap with warm water and sponging it on the walls.
- Drive nails easier with less risk of splitting the wood, by first rubbing soap on the nail shank.
- Turn screws more easily by dabbing soap onto the treads of the screws.
- Smooth caulk beads with a moistened soapy finger.
- Detect gas leaks by mixing soap with water and rubbing it on the suspected pipe joints; if bubbles form, you have a problem.