This DIY sinus relief is perfect for those who suffer from allergies and head colds. Just place a sinus relief tab in the bottom of your shower/tub were the water will hit it. While you take your shower, the vapors will help clear out your stuffed nose. You make them just like regular bath bombs, except you boil the water and use it to melt the menthol crystals. This recipe makes 24 (1-ounce; 28.4 gram) sinus tabs.
- Measure the baking soda and cornstarch, and put in a large bowl. Mix together well.
- Measure the distilled water, and bring it to a boil. Add menthol crystals, and stir until dissolved. Add the sweet almond oil and eucalyptus essential oil, and stir well.
- Drizzle the liquids into the dry ingredients, and whisk together. Switch to an electric hand mixer and continue mixing until the liquids are well disbursed throughout the mixture.
- Add the citric acid, and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F. Using a small bath bomb soap mold, mold your shower tabs, pack them tight, and place them on a cookie sheet. Turn off the oven and put the shower tabs in the oven, and close the door for 1 hour.
- After the tabs have been in the oven for an hour, remove them and using a knife, remove the tabs from the cookie sheet. Let the tabs air-dry overnight. The next day, wrap the tabs in foil candy wrappers.
Note: Don’t overdo the menthol crystals. They may smell mild now, but when hot water or heat hits them, they put off lots of vapors.