Basic 1 pound batch. For an 8 ounce batch, divide all ingredient amounts in half
- In a pot, melt your shea butter and coconut oils very slowly on the stove.
- Once melted, add your fragrance oil and corn starch. Stir very well.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and set over another bowl filled with ice to cool faster, or cover and set in refrigerator to cool.
- As it cools it will become thicker, every 20 minutes or so, use a hand mixer, and whip the butter for several minutes, then place back to cool more. It will begin to get thicker each time as you keep mixing, it will start to look like whipped cream.
- Once the butter has solidified all the way and is no longer runny, spoon it into your desired container and you are finished.
Suggested Container to use: Square Designer Blue Jars, Dome Cream Jars, or Tapered Designer Jar