Here is a wonderful and simple way to create a layered candle with equal layers!
- Measure how tall the part of the Container is that you want the layered sections to show through. For example, for the candle below we used the 9 oz Hexagon Jar and the height that the colors would show through was 3 inches.
- Take some Mold Sealer and tear off two pea-sized amounts. If you are making a 3 layer candle like we did, you need 2 pieces of mold sealer. It’s always one less than the number of layers you want. Another example: if you want to make an 8 layer candle, you need 7 pea-sized pieces of mold sealer.
- Roll each piece of mold sealer into a small log.
- Measure out the first layer from the bottom of the container and place a piece of mold sealer onto the container. For example, we wanted to make a 3 layer candle in a 3 inch height…divide the 3 inches by the 3 layers and you get 1 inch. Therefore, we measured 1 inch from the bottom.
- Now measure out the next layer from the piece of mold sealer you just placed on the container. For example, we measured 1 inch from the newly placed piece of mold sealer.
- Continue measuring until you have used all of your pieces of mold sealer.
- Use the mold sealer as your pouring points for each layer of the candle and you’ll have an equally layered candle!!!