No matter what season of the year it may be, dry lips can find us anywhere, anytime. It helps to have a Moisturizing Lip Balm around to help alleviate the dry, chapped feeling. The recipe below creates a wonderful product that almost instantly moisturizes lips. It leaves a smooth, non-greasy feeling and will not cake on the lips. The lip balm contains vitamins and ingredients that help protect against the damaging effects of the sun while softening and conditioning the lips.
- Using the double boiler method, melt the Beeswax.
- Once completely melted, add the Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter.
- Allow the butters to melt and add the Sweet Almond Oil.
- Heat through and thoroughly mix together.
- Add the Vitamin E Oil and mix in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the desired amount of Sweetener.
- Thoroughly mix in the Flavor Oil. Note–more flavor oil can be added, flavor oils are generally used at a rate of about 1% to 3% in lip balm formulations.
- Pour the mixture into the Lip Balm Slider Tins. Note–if the mixture starts to harden, re-heat it and then continue pouring.
- Allow the lip balm to completely cool in the tins.
- Cover the tins with the slider lid.
- Finish the lip balm product with our Rectangle Semi-Custom Labels. The labels fit perfectly on the slider tins, and they add a professional flare to the end result!
“Remember, no human condition is ever permanent. Then you will not be overjoyed in good fortune nor too scornful in misfortune.” –Socrates