The busy season is again upon us! Craft fairs, flea markets, holiday bazaars, and Christmas shopping are all right around the corner! Our warehouse is bustling, and we’ve heard our customers are beginning to see orders for their products come rolling in, as well. What a wonderful time of year!
Since this time of year does get busier for most and there’s more going on in our lives, we wanted to remind everyone when ordering to please plan accordingly. Here are some helpful tips to avoid the busy season “out of stocks” and “seasonal delays.”
- Plan ahead–order products as early as possible (for example, If you think that you’re going to sell out of an item at the weekend fair, order your replacement products before the weekend fair. That way, when you return from a productive weekend, your new product is already there waiting for you to make more for the next weekend fair.)
- In-house processing time is DIFFERENT from shipping time–the in-house processing time is the time it takes for us to get to your order, pick, pack, and invoice your order getting it ready to ship (if there are more orders ahead of your order, the in-house processing time may be longer); shipping time is the time it takes an order to ship from our facility to your location (our in-house processing time during the busy season can be anywhere from 3-5 business days that we’re open; the shipping time depends on the carrier and the seasonal delays they may be facing; it’s a good rule of thumb to allow for more time than you think is necessary, just to be on the safe side.)
- Review company policies–knowing the policies ahead of time makes sure there are no “surprises” later (crazy things can happen at this time of year and products may not be needed after they are ordered, be sure you know the cancellation, return, and other policies)
- Allow enough time for unforeseen mistakes, errors, and delays–some things (like weather, shipping errors, and manufacturers’ backordered items) may occur and they are beyond our control (be sure to leave enough extra time just in case…you never know if the Abominable Snowman will decide to visit this year to slow things down.)
- For those picking orders up at the warehouse, know the pick-up order schedule–during the busy season, we are sticking to the pick-up schedule, please plan accordingly
- If you’re in a bind–if the in-house processing time isn’t fast enough we offer an In-House Rush Service to aid you when the need arises (charges do apply, please contact our office for more information)
- If you’re in a bind 2–if regular ground shipping methods are not fast enough to get you the product in time, expedited shipping methods are available in most areas (higher costs do apply)
- Know the holiday closing schedules–check out Nu-Scents’ holiday closing schedule when it becomes available. Also, be sure to look at the holiday schedules of United States Postal Service, FedEx, and UPS.
We wish all of you a fun and profitable busy season! If chaos ensues, remember to breathe–nothing is worth the stress or anger. Everything will turn out the way it’s supposed to. May all your orders go smoothly and projects turn out wonderfully!!