Here is a do-it-yourself home recipe for a tub and shower scrub. The scrub is known to remove and prevent mold and mildew buildup, while having quite the beautiful aroma!
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sterile container being sure to thoroughly mix them together.
- Using a damp cloth or sponge, scrub the bathtub and/or shower with the powder.
- For serious mildew buildup areas, combine 20 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil and water in a spray bottle. Spray the bathtub/shower every day for five days. Then, decrease to spraying the area two times a week.
As with all essential oils, always do a test to see if you react to certain oils. Some essential oils in the scrub may cause possible sensitization in some individuals or contact dermatitis in hypersensitive individuals. Avoid use of this scrub during pregnancy and do not use if epileptic. Always use caution when using a cleaning agent.